These docs provide additional insight towards VMchooser and how to use it.
In the menu above you can find a section per VMchooser module ;
- VMchooser : Here is where it all started... Do you want to find the best Azure VM-size match, then this is the module you need!
- DiskChooser : Want to know what the most cost efficient disk layout there is for your given set of specifications?
- BulkUploader : Where VMchooser & DiskChooser are focused on a single search. BulkUploader allows you to find the match for 100s, 1000s, ... of Virtual Machine configuration in one go!
- VMoptimizer : When to go for a certain contract type (PAYG vs Reserved Instances)? Or what about the windows license, does it make sense to go PAYG or is it more interesting to buy a license?
Do you have feedback about these docs? Feel free to file an issue (or do a pull request) at the underpinning GitHub repository!
Where does the data come from?
The data is aggregated from various public sources. In essence the main source of truth is the Azure Documentation itself. This information is consolidated into reference data, and that data is combined with the pricing data on a daily basis to keep the database up-to-date.
The only data VMchooser stores is the following ;
- Application Insights tracks the usage of the APIs and stores this data for 30 days.
- The name of you virtual machine is not used in any API. All is forgotten after 30 days.